Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Status Update

Well I'm pleased to report that I've cleared not only my first dollar but my second as well. As a matter of fact my lifetime profits from blogging are now a cool $2.54. I have been spending most of my time trying to learn everything I can from internet marketing forums, my favorite being digital point and the warrior forum. I've submitted 2 articles to EzineArticles (the social bookmarking and forum marketing posts below) which are currently pending approval and have done a little bit of link exchanging. I hastily posted an ad in the SF Bay Area Craigslist in the small business section, and while I've only gotten a small amount of traffic, I was indexed by Google within a couple days.

Interestingly the clumsy craigslist ad itself ranks 10th out of 30k for the search "making money with your blog" in quotations on Google. Craigslist is a powerful thing. My site doesn't appear to fall anywhere in that 30k yet, and I think its because Google hasn't indexed my content yet, for instance searching for 'makingmoneywithyourblog' does return my site but the blurb just says "Notify Blogger about objectionable content," not any of the content of any of my posts. What is also interesting is that out of the 6 search results for "makingmoneywithyourblog," my site is #2 out of 6, ahead of the craigslist ad. I have a lot to learn about Google.

5 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Congrats on the adsense. I like your blog. You can check mine out at www.broketoballin.com, let me know what you think.

Thanks!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Gerald Schiano said...

Great job, I like your enthusiasm. Although I don't blog for the adsense revenue, it does pay my annual registration fees.

My blog brings me some great niche business contacts.

www.oilwellinvesting.blogspot.com

8:31 AM  
Blogger 世禾 said...

天下父母心-時時孝順你的父母~~.................................................................

11:45 AM  
Blogger ProBegger said...

Hi my name is Darcy Lee and im trying to raise enough money through donations for a house at http://www.probegger.com

3:18 PM  
Blogger ProBegger said...

ProBegger

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home